Hide Site Donate

Additional Specialist Help

Depending on whether the experience of sexual abuse was as a child/teen, or as an adult, recent or non-recent, you might need or be seeking additional specialist services. 

These can include:

  • An ISVA (Independent Sexual Violence Advisor) – this individual can help with issues such as reporting to the police and/or areas such as housing. CISters can signpost or refer you to your nearest ISVA, or you can look up the listing on the Survivors Trust Website - ISVA and self refer.
  • Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) provides services to victims/survivors of rape or sexual assault regardless of whether the survivor/victim chooses to report the offence to the police or not.  Sexual Assault Referral Centres are designed to be comfortable and multi-functional, providing private space for interviews and examinations and some may also offer counselling services.  “SARC”s have specialist staff that are trained to help you make informed decisions about what you want to do next. A listing of SARCS, which are usually ‘county based’ can be found on the Survivors Trust Website - SARC

If you feel that you would benefit from 1:2:1 counselling, then view the following two umbrella organisations. The Survivors Trust and Rape Crisis have a list of member organisations and so whilst there might appear to be a gap (in your area), it might be filled by searching their database.